Monday, August 17, 2009

The Beginning

I originally started this blog in January of 2008 when we moved to Shanghai, but I had so many problems navigating the Chinese government firewall, that I gave up after a week of trying. Our friend, Greg, has been coming to China to work for the past few years and on this last visit gave us reliable software (I hope) to view blogs and Facebook.

The other thing holding me back from beginning a blog was not finding time to write with two kids in the house. Fortunately, we hired Mei over a year ago and she comes Monday though Saturday from 8 a.m. till 6 p.m. She makes life very pleasant for us all.

Talking about our life in China is a BIG topic and I don't know where to begin. Even if I take an idea like cultural differences or taking a taxi (our main mode of transportation), I'll be talking for days. So, I've decided to just see what comes up during the day and write about small parts of our experience here.

I'm relieved to start this. I love looking back at our "Where are Jim and Anna" blog now that my memory of that trip is starting to fade and I'm hoping this will be as fulfilling as that blog was.

No comments:

Post a Comment